Sunday, May 21, 2006

Busy weekend

We started off chatting about the weekend on Thursday night and decided it would be a quiet one based on what we had planned. Somehow it turned out to be just the opposite which was great. What fun we have had.

Firstly we went to the Lyttelton Farmers Market and it was freezing cold with a southerly wind roaring around the area. We did a frantic round of grabbing and tasting and buying the then got out of there. Nicholas was lightening fingered tasting all there was to taste. I had to buy something he fingered. Here are some snaps from our visit.

But first here is our list of goodies
  • one piece of feijoa crumble (the one Nicholas put his finger on)
  • one jar of dukkah
  • three delicious cheese straws
  • one very large container of coriander - growing
  • six pieces of bright green lime and pistachio fudge
On the way to the car we ran in to an on photography class friend of mine which was great.

Nic was cold. The market is in the grounds of the school so there are some lovely murals and things

Delicious!!

...and that was before lunch. Lunch and the afternoon was spent with our friends Steph and Andy and their family. We had yummy artichoke soup fresh crusty bread and lots of laughs. Frances climbed the tree but mean mummy wouldn't let Nic get up there too as he had his good clothes on. They still had a blast riding bikes. We spent the evening at home lounging on our new sofas watching 'The motorcycle diaries' which was a really good film.

There seems to be a limit to the number of pics you can put on each blog entry so I will start another with a few extra photos.

We delivered our no longer needed sofa to the bach which was a mission. Rob from next door helped us with the last bit. He and his lovely wife had a baby two weeks ago about two houses down as they didn't make it to the car let alone the hospital. Luckily it was at the doctors house. Mind you the doctor hadn't delivered a baby for more than a few years so it was a full on time. I got to hold the little babe. She has no name yet but what a sweetie. Then home to get the trailer loaded, the boys fed and ready for a three year old birthday party. That was fun. Then off to my folks to catch up with uncle David who was in town to attend the 125 year anniversary of ChCh Boys High School with dad. They had a great time. David presented me with my grandmothers wedding ring which was pretty amazing. She died 20 years ago and I never even thought about her jewellery so now I am wearing a lovely gold band on my right hand. It is very special to me as I loved my granny and had lots of lovely times with her. It was a pretty emotional thing.

So Dancing with the Stars in about 4 minutes so I better go. Might do the ironing while I watch it. Have a good week.

1 comment:

boho girl said...

i just wanted to come here to thank you for your lovely words on my blog.

they moved through me and felt like a healing balm.

i appreciate you.

~ boho