Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Just finished reading #57

After the party - Lisa Jewell

Couple Ralph and Jem have been together for 11 years and things aren't going so well.  For various, reasonably ordinary reasons they are drifting apart a bit.  As they drift away and experience some different people and experiences they start thinking long and hard about each other, why they are together and what their future might or might not be.  This is a story that us everyday married folk will find points of connection and places to give advice as our own experiences are likely to be reflected in some way.

It took me ages to read this book and I didn't love it.  However, I didn't not like it.  You know how some books rock your world? (The book thief) - and others just help you get through some long cold nights.  I found this book readable, credible and I probably wont remember it forever but if you are scanning the library shelves looking for something to read, then pick this up, it is worth the time it takes to read it.

I have read a few other reviews and those people LOVED it so it is probably a low risk read.

No comments: