Sunday, June 17, 2012

Found in Wellington

I started this post MONTHs ago and have just found it in the drafts....I think we may have done this in April but I am not sure...

It is not often that I go anywhere without my camera and although I know phones take good photos these days, mine doesn't.  So for this post I am relying on some grainy sots from my phone, better ones from Alex's and some web images to visually describe a great day in Wellington.    Going for one day meant one intense stab at a few pre-planned activities PLUS a few found treasures.   Of course it was 28 stonking degrees in Christchurch while we landed in a windy, muggy, grey and wetish Wellington.  It didn't matter  a jot.  I have been to Welly a bit in the past 6 months so for me it was a few revisits to places I love and then we discovered some new treasures.
The Hippopotamus Restaurant is obviously not a big secret to the ladies of Wellington who made up most of the groups in the first floor restaurant at the famous Museum Hotel.  Stepping into a world of French loveliness we managed to get a tiny table by the window after Alex charmed the maitre d into letting us stay.  Yes, we used the earthquake card....unashamed.  It was awesome.

One of my favourite shops in Wellington - Small Acorns




No comments: