Sunday, June 26, 2011

Just finished reading #45

A secret kept - Tatiana De Rosnay



I finished this bookgroup book this afternoon while sitting by the fire after a stint in the garden.  I thought it was an enjoyable light read that fulfilled my need to be absent in mind from my surroundigs.  Set in Paris and other bits of France, I got 'Google Earthing' to check out some of the locations.  I think it is a good sign when you do this.  I also had a croissant for breakfast as well so I was in the zone.  The author penned 'Sarah's Key' so I knew what I was getting into.  I read a review which totally slammed it but I don't care, I enjoyed it for all its flaws.   So, the main character is called Antoin.  He is divorced, unhappy and hates his job.  Helping his sister celebrate her 40th birthday in a favourite childhood holiday spot, he unwittingly opens up the wound of losing his mother as a child.  Along with his teenage kids issues, his ex-wife issues, a car accident and long hidden family secrets we are treated to a Parisian tour.   I liked how it ended,  I liked the writing, the story and the characters.  A nice weekend read. 

No comments: