Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Just finished reading #44

I have been reading but such is the state of my mind, I can't actually remember a few of them.  For the life of me I just can't but I do remember this little gem.

Dolci di Love - Sara-Kate Lynch

I have read all of SKL's books and really enjoy them.  I bought this one when it was my turn at bookgroup last month and it was just the perfect thing for when you just can't get into a book.  There is no pretense as to what the books are for and this one totally fulfilled its promise. 

 When childless Lily Turner finds out her perfect husband has a secret family in Tuscany she goes there to find him but gets tangled up with an underground league of Italian widows hell-bent on mending broken hearts - including hers.  It is full of interesting characters, foody themes and some interesting twists and turns.  There is also Lily the slightly annoying heroine.  A common feature of SKLs books.  Anyway, a good weekend or holiday read Thanks Sarah-Kate for taking me to Tuscany when I really needed not to be here.
BTW - the two other titles I bought for book group were 'The conductor' by Sara Quigley and 'The brief wondrous life of Oscar Wao' by Junot Diaz.  Cant WAIT to read them both.

No comments: