Friday, February 12, 2010

Just finished reading #31

The Third Angel -Alice Hoffman

I read this on holiday too and really enjoyed it.  There were some similarities with the previous book I read which was a bit weird.  There often seems to be connections between books I read which is fun but a bit odd sometimes.  I might share those when I find them in the future.  Back to the story...

Lazy me has cut and paste this from the Alice Hoffman Official Site

This stunningly original and magical story follows three women in love with the wrong men. Headstrong Madeline Heller finds herself hopelessly attracted to her sister’s fiancé…Frieda Lewis, a doctor’s daughter who has run off to London, becomes the muse of an ill-fated rock star… and beautiful, reckless Bryn Evans is set to marry an Englishman while she’s secretly obsessed with her ex-husband, a dangerous and love-besotted New Yorker. At the heart of the novel is Lucy Green, who blames herself for a tragic accident she witnessed at the age of twelve in the same London hotel where the others have found themselves. Lucy has spent four decades searching out the Third Angel, the angel on Earth who will renew her faith.

I enjoy triptychs in all forms, books, films, paintings so the inteconnection of the stories and the sense of location made this, for me a really enjoyable bunch of characters and interesting women.  I would not say it was anything other than really well written and enveloping and a good companion on holiday.

No comments: