Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Watching, Reading, Listening, Doing, Eating

It's been a busy time lately doing a lot of nothing much. I think I am almost over my SAD phase and getting the hang of the cold winter weather, although it is not officially winter yet.

This weekend I found my self Watching my darling boy through the sunroom window as he peddled his wares at the gate on Saturday morning. We had made some dukka and he wanted to set up a tasting stall at the end of the drive with some (expensive) olive oil, the dukka and little bits of bread. He has been keen to do this for some time and I thought it would be crushingly disappointing if no one partook of his fare so have been saying no. However, he had it all set up before I could say no so I observed from afar as he tried to entice passersby to try his stuff. Most were kind and sweet when they declined, one was rude and one darling woman who was biking past stopped and sampled. It was a shining moment and it actually brought tears to my eyes. I love that boy for his enthusiasm and guts. Good lesson for me, he loved it and got to eat all the food. I finished a book the other day called 'White Tiger' and really could not be bothered writing a 'Just finished reading' post about it. Go and check it out if you want to but I wouldn't rush anywhere over hot coals or anything to read it

On these cold winter mornings my MP3 player is my best friend. It allows me to listen to loud music, often sing out loud and forget about how bloody freezing it is on my bike. My latest craze is still the Mama Mia sound track which is just a sad indication of my love of pop. Katie Malua is stunning too but she just isn't energetic enough to get me pumping those pedals.

Jonty and I got a rare opportunity to go out on our own in the weekend. While the sun was shining and it was unseasonably warm we gifted ourselves a trip to the movies. Oh yes, nothing like spending a warm Autumn day lolling in a picture theatre stuffing Maltesers in your mouth. We saw 'Angels and Demons'. Fell asleep in the first 10 minutes ---dull dull dull. Did nod myself awake to take in the show but would not recommend it. It was Jonty's choice as he had read the book and thought the film might be good. I felt mean not loving it but I just couldn't.

And finally, Eating....A LOT. Good and bad. Just got my new Dish magazine so I am going to trawl through that later and see what tasty treats await within and hopefully get myself back on track cooking delicious inspired food, not boring tummy filler fare.

1 comment:

. said...

Aren't some people pants...how could you be rude to that lovely little face?!