Monday, June 16, 2008

Cupcake Cutie

That's me, according to my new pink cupcake pyjamas that my lovely Jonty gave me for my birthday. I laughed my head off when I saw them. Interestingly I had made cupcakes the night before for my small birthday celebration with my family. I also got some new earphones for my MP3 player which are gorgeous and large enough to act as ear warmers at the same time. No more little bud speakers popping out of my ears under layers of scarf and jacket. Tested them on the way to work this morning and they are brilliant. Thanks Jonty. I had a fabulous day doing my stuff. Breakfast in bed while reading my new U2 book-another treasured present, receiving a few phone calls, lovely cards and texts. We went for a sunny and pretty fast bike ride around Hagley Park with a break at the Arts Centre for coffee and brioche. It was unseasonably hot for June and we were able to sit outside for lunch with Marie-Anne of homemade pizza and rocket salad. M-A contributed a very stunning chocolate cherry cheesecake... the diet quickly disintegrated from this point, it was like open flood gates. Let's not dwell on that!! I know this is a crap photo but I was on my bike at the time, biking. Nice sunny shot though

Anyway, the family arrived and we spent a very relaxed afternoon eating and drinking and catching up. No dinner last night-too full. Topping off the day was a phone call from my lovely sister-in-law Louisa in England. Overall the weekend was fabulous - full of my favourite things. I am thrilled to be 45!! Yay me, I made it this far and I feel blessed because as we all know, there are friends and family who haven't. Had a few laughs during the day with Nic who was particularly loving all day. My favourite was his affirmation that he was 'liking your moves there Mum' while we were dancing to Meatloaf. What made it funny for me was that I was dressed in my pink cupcake pyjamas with no bra on, so there were a few more moves than might have been desirable. tee hee.
Nic was the art director for the photos, hence my 'school girl on the mat' pose on the floor of the Arts Centre entrance.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had a great birthday Sally - sounds like it was just lovely :)

Gill@Tikouka said...

I so want to see a photo of you in those cupcakes !! Gill