Tuesday, November 20, 2007

You can tell a New Zealander a mile away

And it isn't the accent. I am home from work looking after the small person who is unwell. Not unwell enough to lie in bed but too sick to go to pre-school. Anyway, I have time to do some net surfing and on a thread of investigation, I have come across a few blogs that I have been reading. As I read the first one, I thought 'this reads like a kiwi'. Checking out the profile, she was a kiwi...and so it went on. One had a photo that was just the top of some hills and the sky. You could tell instantly that it was NZ. I think that is really weird. What does a kiwi 'voice' sound like? What makes us distinctive in the written word? I am guessing that every country is the same. I can pick the Aussies too. Jasmine would probably be able to answer this question.

I might have to go in search of the answer to that questions, unless you have any thoughts to share.

No comments: