Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Busy weekend

Not every single post of the summer is going to be about the beach but I am indulging myself in being able to go every weekend at the moment. Already the summer slump has happened at home due to lack of time to keep everything sorted at home. Already I am suggesting some weekend home time...and it is only November. No worries, December will come and so will the rain.
Anyway, the weekend was very busy but heaps of fun. We had three social events on Saturday...a 70th birthday bbq in Hanmer for lunch, another bbq in Cashmere for dinner, followed by fireworks and then a 'house leaving' party on the way home. I had to stagger off home at 11.30 because my feet were sore. How sad is that? On Sunday we had a date at the bach with all the family to sort through and dispose of some of the tools and equipment that had built up in boxes and cupboards over the years. We amassed a trailer full of rubbish and recyclables. I think it as a bit emotional for the folks but we just had to do it and it was done with respect.
Those mad children plunged in to the surf like it was actually warm. The day was hot but the surf was freezing. Nic seems to have got the hang of boogie boarding first up which was impressive to us and great fun for him. Full on weekend but great. I hit a busy week with my eyes hanging out of my head and am still suffering. Book group didn't go so late but we got stuck in 'post fireworks' traffic so still a late night. With some scary stuff at work too, I am not sleeping well which is just not great. I have a 6am date with the airport on Friday so am expecting the weekend to be quiet...yeah right.

No comments: