Thursday, November 23, 2006

non-beach activity

Yes we do venture inland on occasion and with the recent A and P Show featuring on the Christchurch social calendar, we have had a bit of country lately. Nic had been invited to visit Nicki and Andea's new foal. They like the foal to experience a lot of the things that might upset a horse in its life. So, along with plastic bags and kicking buckets, small, noisey and unpredictable children are desirable. Can't often say that. So we popped out after work the other night to meet the new baby who at 9 days old was stunningly cute. Nic, who had been bursting with excitement all day was a little ho hum but he did do the things required so all was well. We also left behind the red balloon he got at the show as tht is another thing the foal needs to experience. Enjoyed a lovely glass of local Kaituna Valley Pinot Gris and Nic got goosey playing with Cougar the cat. It was a lovely relaxed way to end the day. Everytime I visit Nicki's I think how much I would love to live in the quiet of the country with space and vistas but underneath I know that I need to be nearer to the coast. Mind you, it could be something I have to experience in my life so you never know.

No comments: