Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Hanging with your people

We all belong to people.  We all have people who share our sense of humour, genes, values, gender or interests etc.  Being with people who are like us is warm and relatively easy.  Today I had a fantastic example of being with your people which made me very happy.  This may sound odd but I thought you might enjoy it.  I am an extrovert, extreme maybe.  That means I get all my energy from the world.  I love being with people, it doesn't mean I am super outgoing or particularly loud (although not all will agree).

Today three extroverts jumped in a car to go to a meeting. One (me) was changing out of her bike gear in the back seat as she was running late (head wind).  While doing this, she was also enjoying a very lively conversation and debate about how we were going to get to our destination.  No mean feat in this city.  At the same time we were having conversations about the price of beer and London prices in ChCh.  The two in the front are English so we launch into a whole lot of stuff.  We were also wittily  making up abuse to hurl at the woman in the green Suzuki and the old chap in the slow silver car. 

Eventually we ran a red light by mistake after waiting for a train as well as forgetting who was supposed to give way.  It was a very noisy, lively and hilarious ride.  We were all very happy talking at once, pointing in all directions, making smart comments and laughing a lot.  We didn't have to worry about being quiet, pausing to let others join in, worry about taking offense or making a mistake.  Just bloody good fun.  Thanks extroverts for showing yourselves and for being you.


No comments: