Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Distraction

It is Boxing Day morning and I have just enjoyed a little bowl of tarty fresh raspberries from my parents garden, coupled with a couple of dollops of tarty yoghurt.  This is my antidote after a day or two of delicious indulgence. 

When I talk of distraction I am referencing the fact that is has been over a month since my last post.  Days have been flying by and energy levels depleted with work burnout and Christmas preparation.  Perhaps next year will be better.  Apologies to anyone who pops in regularly.

My camera has some issues with uploading photos onto the computer and as Jonty is still asleep and he sorts these things out for me, I am going to post up some pics that Jasmine took of our festive day yesterday.

As you can see, she focused on the table decorations more than the people which is totally cool.  Since I was a child the decoration of the Christmas table has been my job and it is probably still very high on my list of most enjoyable activities.   This year, last minute, I made paper chains which looked awesome.  I also picked some flowers from abandoned sections in our neighbourhood.  As homes are being demolished due to the eq activity, lovely gardens are being left also.  The poppies are courtesy of Churchill Courts  Stunning.

Ruth, Simon and the children bouncing. 
My wish for 2013 is normality, a wish unlikely to come true.  Mended roads, houses fixed or removed, people continuing to thrive and be kind to each other, health and happiness for all my friends and family.  For myself and my small family, I am looking for harmony and adventure on top of all the other things we wish for.  Some things we can make happen ourselves, others are in the hands of others.  I intend to influence what I can and not get too bent out of shape about the other stuff.

HAPPY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!

No comments: