Sunday, February 26, 2012

One year on

Just so you don't think that life has been all books, movies and holidays in the last year, I thought I would do an earthquake anniversary blog post.  Sallyscape is all about happiness and positivity but over the last year it has been a bit hard to fill it up with stunning loveliness as life has been rather bloody shitty.   Always a positive person I have been challenged but hope I have shared enough of the good. 

On Feb 22 2012 I did spend a bit of my day quietly sobbing and thinking hard about what I would write.  But now I can't be bothered sharing it so it was a day of internalising feelings after all.  I did go to the memorial in the park which was quiet and respectful and warm.  Sad too.  At the end of this service they played a lovely piece of positivity to get us all back on track.  It is tiring and a bit numbing to keep going sometimes and lately it has been harder.  However, I feel really good about the future again after a little month of dipping down.  I am very happy to share this YouTube link with you.  It is 12 mins long so get yourself a cuppa and sit back and enjoy.  The cool thing about Christchurch is that we all now some of these people.




No comments: