Sunday, May 15, 2011

Share an idea

This morning after a cup o coffee and a croissant at Blax, we joined Alex, Joseph and Oliver at the CCC Share an Idea event at the CBS Arena.  What an fantastic opportunity to share ideas about how to rebuild Christchurch.  They divided the ideas into four categories 'Market', 'move', 'place' and 'life'.  We could share our ideas using post it notes, online, and on Youtube.  It was a totally informal event that included lego to help people place their ideas on a giant CBD map.  I saw far too many people I knew to make this a really useful event for me to contribute but it was fantastic seeing so many ChCh people there sharing ideas.  You can still go on line and share thoughts so I will do that in the next few days.  Back to the people, people I haven't seen since before the earthquake, colleagues, friends and long past people I knew.    Our boys were very brave and did a Youtube piece each, talking about their idea.  So sweet.  And they have given me permission to share.  So, if I can work out how to do taht, here it is....

Nic's idea
Oliver's idea
Joseph's idea

It was really good to hear lots of different ideas from people around me as I get really close to these things as part of my work and hearing a wide variety of perspectives is vital.  Thanks for suggesting we go together Al.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Sal, it was great to be there with you and Nic. The more I think about the whole concept the prouder and stronger I feel (something I need right now) and I have a real sense of faith our city will be respected and all those who call it home will be considered in the new chch. Alex x

Anonymous said...

Wow - what an awesome thing to do - I can't imagine how big the job is of collating all of those ideas together - would be cool to do. Loved hearing the boys ideas. Go Chch ! Can't wait. Gill