Sunday, June 13, 2010

A Single Man

Well, this was a treat on a cold Saturday evening.  Jonty and I dashed out for an early movie (home by 8.15) and drunk in the bloody gorgeousness of this film.  I am guessing it has not really been called gorgeous by many people but I thought it was.  Not gorgeous like a summer afternoon or a stunning rose bloom, more like a saturated intense visual delight.  I think I might be gushing.  What I love about films and life in general is that it really is a 'pick n mix'.  Whatever your soul requires is on the menu and you just need to pick the right thing for the right time.   You can read a synopsis anywhere so I wont bother.

Not wanting to lower the tone too much, but just wanted to say I think Colin is much more gorgeous the older he gets.  Turns out he is 19 days older than Jonty and he is pretty cute.  All the actors were fantastic and were perfectly cast.
  Thought Charley's bedroom was a visual symphony of style, gorgeous.
Had a few of these kinds of conversations myself over the years.  Julianne Moore is an enigma to me but she does share exactly the same colour hair as me and more freckles.

2 comments:

. said...

Excellent... I really fancied this film but was put off by a couple of friends pooh-poohing in that irritating way only really good friends can get away with. Your post has given me all the incentive I need to strike out alone, Ta!

Sally said...

Jeepers I hope you like it now that I have said all that. I hope things are going well after your hiatus from the bloggy world. S