Monday, May 24, 2010

Bugger!

I know everyone dies but really, some people just shouldn't until they are really old because we need them and their giant brains to help us.  I am gob smacked at hearing the very untimely demise of the clever, charasmatic and very fun Paul Reynolds - IT commentator and believer in the public good and the rights of everyone to be literate in all forms of literature.  He loves libraries more than we do.  I know everyone knows him better than me but I remember sharing a great night out with him and his partner Helen Smith, John Truesdale, Sue Sutherland and Justine in a Mexican restaurant in Auckland and it was the most interesting, stimulating and fun night of talking and laughing.

                                                  Too sad to see a lovely person slip away.

No comments: