Thursday, March 23, 2006

race relations

Race relations day 21 March is a big deal and I missed it because I am so wrapped up in work and getting ready for my trip to Adelaide. And I see how everyone else misses these things too normally.

Working in the library we are always aware of every 'day' as we are sent posters, stickers and other paraphernalia that goes with them. Now, working away from the front line, I have become obsessed with what I am doing and trying to achieve and that is not good enough. Must try harder.

Valerie Vili won a gold medal ...yay her. What an impressive young woman she has grown to be. Inspirational, calm and confident and very different from the shy 17 year old at Manchester. Beatrice didn't and she deserved to...love her. I feel sorry for these atheletes with the weight of the nations pride on their shoulders. Hope they are having fun.

No comments: