My favourite shop, a place where I can lose myself for many hours and come out not spending that much but wishing I have a blank cheque and a huge house. I was allowed to sneak in there for a few moments on the way home from the beach today. However, after what seemed like only a minute, Nic came in to ask if I was going to stay the night and would I like dad to go and get me a sleeping bag. Cheeky.
Sunday, July 25, 2010
Can't say exactly why it has been so long since I last posted. Life has been ok with little bits of busyness interspersed with mind numbing boredom and some work exhaustion. Study is going well and I am on to my second paper. We have been up to the snow and out to the beach. Nic has done some cool stuff during the holidays and we have seen some movies and read heaps of books. Sadly the cameras have all fallen at the hands of the small person and we have no or very few photos to share. So, that's it really. When I have a bit more energy I will jot down a few lines about some of the books and movies and dig up a few phone pics of our adventures.
Posted by Sally at 7:18 PM
Saturday, July 10, 2010
Having spent a blissful Saturday morning in the mall and library with the boy I had a chance to reflect on how much and why I love him to bits...
- he loves clothes shopping and has a keen sense of style (even though I think the real attraction is the locking mechanism on the change room door)
- he takes great interest in anything I am trying to buy, lipstick, clothes, shoes etc
- he asks great questions -' if a raisin wasn't a grape would it be a fruit?'
- in the middle of contemplative moments he offers to share his skills in counting ...'do you want me to count in doubles?'
- he sets little tests for me-with flash cards - 'how do you say hello in Maori to more than 3 people?' with a little set of flash cards with stick figures on them.
- he sings like an angel
- of all the things he could have had for his morning tea at the mall today, he chose seaweed salad
- he still holds my hand when we are out and about...
- two pairs of pants for Nic from Pumpkin Patch...on sale
- lipstick, mascara and hand cream using beauty club vouchers (and some cash)
- two cds from Borders - REM (which it turns out we have - obviously a keen favorite), and kd lang
- a smiggle postcard pad
- fabric, lining, shoulder pads, thread and a pattern to make a winter coat. Wow. The last thing I sewed that wasn't a straight line was my bridesmaid dress for Karen's wedding
- and groceries to make a picnic for our trip to the snow tomorrow.
I am not even going to look at the bank account. No good can come of that.
Wednesday, July 07, 2010
I just added a new widget to my blog. It is called SnapShot and you can see its little bluu icon thing sitting next to any links in my blog. If you hover your mouse over the link you get a little snap shot of the front page of the link. It is cute and sometimes a little annoying but if you are interested in any of the links I post or the 'Places I go' then it can give you a little taster before surfing off.